Thursday, February 25, 2010

No parks

I think one of the hardest things about being here is figuring out where to play. With three active boys who love being outside, it has been really tough. There aren't any parks nearby. They don't have sidewalks for us to take walks. Even our house doesn't have a backyard. Our front yard has a tiny patch of grass (well, there's actually no grass so I guess it's a tiny patch of dirt). The boys can't play catch or ride bikes at home. We try to get away on the weekends for road trips and that helps a lot. We also go over to the base where they have a running path where we can ride bikes and go walking and even throw the ball around. Here are some pictures from us playing on base and playing at home.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which is why you need to move to Dallas Texas after your are done in Italy!! LOTS of land to roam here!!!!!! I would loooooooove it!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, that last post was from me, Kellianne :)

Jewels said...

Oh that must be so tough. I feel like I would go crazy without parks. I think we go to the park about 5-6 days a week.

The Paudlers said...

I'm on my way, Kellianne!!!! :)

Julie, I do go crazy. I don't understand why they don't have parks here! They say that Sicily is a dying country. More people are dying than people are having children. I guess there's no reason to build and keep up parks if they're not having kids.