Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day One - Tom called!

Day One -
I just got off the phone with Tom! I wish I could say where he's at, but I don't think I'm suppose to write that on a blog. I can say that he's landed, he's safe, he's doing well, and that he's tired. We only talked for a few minutes and now he's off to bed. Sorry I don't have much more to share.

Funny thing DJ said that I do have to share. DJ and Tom were talking. And DJ said, "It's a busy year for us, with you going to Afghanistan and me going to Awanas." Pretty cute. Isn't that funny, that that's his perspective on things. If you don't know what Awanas is, it's a Bible study/group for kids. Through the eyes of a 6 year old!

Highlights from today:
  • Got DJ and Noah's well-child exams done. Both healthy kids!
  • Took DJ and Noah on a walk to the park with my friend, Heidi, and her four kids.
  • It got to 70 degrees today (yes, I said 70!)
  • I had 4 different moms and their kids cycle through our house and yard this afternoon/evening. That's what nice weather does around here. Everyone comes out and gets together. It's so nice.
  • Got an email from our friends Angie and Troy, from our old small group in Washington State. It's fun to reconnect with old friends.
  • I had both boys in bed by 7:40pm!

No comments: