Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Lincoln!

One year ago on Christmas morning, we received one of the sweetest gifts. Lincoln Thomas Paudler was born at 4:09 am at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.

Birth story and fun memories . . . my due date was December 24th and my water broke at about 11:40 pm on Christmas Eve. I called the hospital and the nurse told me to take my time coming in. I, on the other hand, was not going to take my time. I wanted to make sure I got to the hospital in time for an epideral! As we were driving to the hospital, my contractions QUICKLY got WORSE. In between contractions, I used the cell phone to call the hospital. I said, "I know it's Christmas Eve so I just wanted to call and make sure someone is there to give me an epidural." They barely had time to say "yes" and I had to hang up for another contraction.

Once the epidural kicked in, I tried to reason with the nurses that I'd really like to take a nap before the baby came because that's what I did with my last baby. They told me no, this baby was on his way. I remember being very disappointed with this answer. Funny looking back on it. Then a few hours later we held a precious Christmas gift in our arms. He was the only baby born at that hospital on Christmas that year!

This was the last picture taken on Christmas Eve . . .








* * *

Lincoln celebrated his 1st birthday in Austria.


Lincoln is taking a few steps on his own!


Happy Birthday Lincoln! We love you!!!!

3 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

What a neat story, Carey, and thank you for sharing! Lincoln is a very big boy! Are you planning Sumo lessons? One year old already. I can't believe it.

Noah seems interested in LIncoln's mouth. Maybe he will be a dentist or ENT Doc!

Love, Dad and Mom(Grandpa Frank and Grandma Linda)

Dad and Mom said...

Lincoln is walking!!!
He has a good broad based gait for stability or perhaps a gift in the pants for Mom or Dad.

Love, Dad and Mom (grandpa Frank and Grandma Linda)

Unknown said...

he is so stinkin' cute.