Saturday, September 5, 2009

My day off.




I'm posting these pictures to record a great memory and to say thank you to Tom.  :-)  He surprised me with a day/night to myself.  He sent me away while he stayed back at the Navy Lodge with the three boys.  I'm so thankful to him.  At first, I didn't want to spend the money on a hotel, etc., but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how much we'd ALL benefit if I could go away and spend some quiet time alone.  I'm one of those people who get my energy from time alone, but with three boys and living in a Navy Lodge for the past few months, it's been almost impossible. . . until yesterday when Tom dropped me off at a hotel in the hillside of Italy overlooking the water.  It was perfect.  The last picture is a view from my room.  Thank you, Tom!!  

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Good for you and thank God for such a thoughtful and loving husband. I hope you got some time to recharge your batteries and reconnect with yourself. The pictures are gorgeous!

Brazenlilly said...

Um, hello?!? Gorgeous! OK, I finally put a link to your page on my blog, so I'll be reminded to look at it when you post, not just every once in a while when I'm reminded by a comment from you! Love hearing about your life and your fam. And LOVE the pictures!