Saturday, July 24, 2010

Max Caleb Paudler

Max was born on Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:30 pm. He was born at the base hospital in Sicily, Italy. He was 7 pounds 10 ounces, and 20 inches.

On Monday I went in for a routine check up, and they told me I was already 5 cm dilated. They didn't want to send me home so Tom and I went walking at the high school track on base. We called to let my mom know we wouldn't be coming home, and we knew DJ, Noah, and Lincoln were in good hands. Within about an hour, the contractions started getting stronger. My water broke at 7:40 pm. With many of the contractions, Max's heart rate dropped significantly. The doctor was worried, and there was talk about an emergency c-section. Fortunately, they didn't have to do a c-section, and he arrived at 11:30 pm with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice and once around his arms. He was blue and didn't cry for what seemed like minutes, but was only seconds. The pediatrician was there to make sure he was well taken care of as soon as he arrived. Then he cried, and so did I. Tom was a great coach. We are in awe of this little miracle. The boys are already in love with him. We are too!

We are excited for Grandpa Frank and Grandma Linda to come meet their new grandson in October. My mom is here for another month, and we are incredibly thankful for her help.





















6 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

YEAH!!!!!!! Oh, praise the Lord for his safety. Man, there is nothing like that stress, and what a warrior to have the cord wrapped like that and fight for his life. You too, Mama. :) I'm so happy for all of you and praying for these first few crazy weeks. Sending many hugs your way! And kisses to that adorable head.

Dad and Mom(Grandpa Frank and Grandma Linda said...

Praise God!!

Max looks healthy. Thank God for a superb staff
who were ready for complications and knew how to deal with them quickly.
DJ looks so proud and loving holding little Max. Lincoln looks a little uncertain, and Noah is really scrutinizing.
Beautiful pics of Tom and Carey holding little Max
God is good all the time!!

Love, Dad and Mom (GRandpa Frank and Grandma Linda)

Jewels said...

What a handsome little fella! congrats Carey so happy to hear that you had a safe delivery.

Crystal said...

I am so glad everything turned out on the upside of things! Carey, you truely are a blessed women because God has given you such amazing gifts! I couldn't be more happy for you :.) Well, "I'm an aunt again"...woohoo!!!

Unknown said...

Tom and Carey - I can't believe that Max is already a month old. Mikayla kind of had the same hair. In fact, a couple of people nicknamed her "punk baby" because her hair stood up so much. They thought that we did something to her hair to make it like that. Congrats again! Love Aunt Pam

Unknown said...

Hi Tom! Its Jim Lee from CTK in Wa. Call me if you can, I've lost your contact info. 360.739.1477