Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family time.

We want to be a family who has fun together.

We want our kids to look back on their childhoods and remember the laughter and fun. Of course we have tough times and struggles, but we hope that we'll create enough fun memories as a family that they'll cancel out those bad times. It takes effort though. We're working at it.

This weekend we played Uno while we ate cookies, we flew a kite together, watched the animated Jim Elliot Story on dvd while we ate popcorn, had family dinners together, went to DJ's soccer game, and we went to church together. We did all of these things together. So often either Tom or I will sneak away to have some down time while the other one is with the boys. This weekend we made a point to stick together as a family. I'm so glad we did.

We read together.

We laughed together.

We played together.


We went to DJ's soccer game.




We had our sad moments too.
Noah waited for dad to discipline him for not obeying.


Can someone please change my diaper and put some clothes on me?

We did laundry together.

Lincoln watched dad mow the grass.


Lincoln spent time holding his baby brother. He can't get enough of him!





Learning to share is tough.





Oops, Tom let go of the kite and the wind carried it off.

We actually got in the car to try to get it. Not my idea. I guess it's a guy thing.
The kite got stuck on some wires in a nearby field, but we weren't able to rescue it. Oh well. I think they had more fun just trying to save it than they did flying it.

I love my family of boys.



DJ had fun riding Tom's bike.

Noah did a great job riding without training wheels.

This is what the boys do every night before bed.

The weekend is over now. I think we made some fun memories.

No comments: