Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick-or-Treating

This Halloween we had a Storm Trooper, Darth Vader, a tiger, and a monkey. Tom had to fly to Kosovo so it was just me and the boys. He was disappointed that he couldn't be here. Honestly, at first, I was looking forward to the night being over. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it, especially because Max's feeding time fell right in the middle of trick-or-treating. Plus we had tons of candy to pass out. I didn't know how I was going to do it all. In the end, it all worked out ok.

I invited our Italian friend and her 11 yr old daughter to come with us. It was their first time experiencing Halloween. They thought it was great! They were also a big help. When it was time for me to take Max, Lincoln, and Noah home, they spent another hour going from house to house with DJ. The kids go trick-or-treating all over base and end up with too much candy.

I was lucky to get Lincoln into part of his tiger costume. He didn't want anything to do with it. Like a good mom, I told him that if he didn't put on his costume, he couldn't come with us.

First, I said "Lincoln, come hold Max so I can take a picture."
Lincoln was too busy riding his scooter and didn't respond.
Then I said, "Lincoln, do you want to hold the monkey?"
Lincoln came running.
It's all about presentation.

Max lasted in this costume about 20 minutes.

When Tom was in the States on a work trip, he asked the boys what they wanted to be for Halloween. This is what they asked for.

The monkey is trying to get away!

The boys with our friend Latitzia.

DJ has the gun and the monkey, he's ready to roll.

At one of the houses, we met the real Darth Vader!

We ended the night with Noah throwing up everything he had eaten all day in the toilet. I guess with four kids, I lost track of how much candy everyone was inhaling. Oops! I'll try to remember that for next Halloween!

3 comments:

F\Grandpa Frank and Grandma Linda said...

Carey, you are Wonderwoman!!!
Taking a stormtrooper, Darth Vader, a tiger and monkey around the base required nerves of steel,patience of Job, and perseverance of a pitbull!!

Great job!! The monkey is especially darling!! no tiger head? Who was the big DArth Vader?

Love, Grandpa Frank and Grandma Linda

The Paudlers said...

Thanks for the compliments, but I'm definitely not a Wonderwoman!! I have lots of growing to do!

I tried to get Lincoln to wear the tiger head, but it was impossible. Oh well. He still looked pretty cute.

Grandpa Frank and Grandma Linda said...

At least Noah went to the bathroom to vomit, and not on the carpet or furniture!!

I noted the flowers still look healthy. DJ must be doing a good job watering.

Love, Grandpa Frank and Grandma Linda